Saturday, May 31, 2008

Word of the Day

Hiya guys! I have just learned an awesome new word for "awesome". Here it is:
FABULONGOSHOOMARVELISHLYWONDERPIPICAL!
Once you get the hang of it, it's really fun to say! Anyone else got a really long or interesting word? I was thinking about putting an "Interesting Words section in The Quibbler!
XOXOXO Luna Lovegood

12 comments:

Luna Lovegood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Luna Lovegood said...

Testing, 1 2 3. Is my new pic working?

Luna Lovegood said...

Darn...a little too light! Oh well!

Luna Lovegood said...

U know I am really getting annoyed.

Luna Lovegood said...

No one's commenting on my poor little post!

Neville Longbottom said...

hoborificanipill

Luna Lovegood said...

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is definitely going in...what does it mean, or did you just make it up???

Dumbledore said...

expeditiously....don't know if it is spelled correctly. When I was little there was a show on called Happy Days and the cool guy was named Fonzie and he always used to put mundo after lots of stuff...coolomundo, fabumundo, weirdamundo....:) Aaaaaayyyyyy :::thumbs up:::::::::

Dumbledore said...

Longest word..to appear in English dictionary....

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis....means a lung disease caused by inhaling fine silica dust.

Dumbledore said...

Nickname for this word...probably made up by some doctors who couldn't say it, P45. (Because there are 45 letters in it.)

Luna Lovegood said...

I tried to say that word...I couldn't. As for a word that's NOT in the dictionary, there are plenty of chemical names with something like 66 letters at least. If you were in Etymology Class, you know what I'm talking about.

Or SESQUIPEDALIAN, a word for a word that's very long. And BORBORYGMUS, a word for the sound of a growling stomach. Or even PHLETAMGAH, which is currently NOT listed in the Oxford English Dictionary, but is what you say when you find yourself upon the Brink of Love.

No, I DO NOT read the dictionary, as some may assume after all this sesquipedalian verbiage. I pick these words up from books like Lily B. and Children of the Lamp. YAY!

Luna Lovegood said...

Oh yes, and here's a little word with only 36 letters (and I can actually say it, yay)!

HIPPOPOTOMONSTROSESQUIPEDALIANISM

Not sure if I spelled that rigt. But here's a long word that I can spell:

ANTIDISESTABLISHMENTARIANISM